Malcolm X once said,"We must be able to walk down a street without having to endure being called a nigger." Although our context is not as extreme as racist America during the 50s/early 60s, there are a few things I'd like to see. Fer starters, that politicians (or anybody else fer that matter) do not ask us to "Balik India" whenever communal rights are raised in the House of Parliament & that the Ruling Party stop calling fer "Chinese blood to bathe in" at their annual shin dig (I doubt Chinese blood carries the halal certificate so it's not a good idea anyways . . .)!
The list below was posted on the group email of mywordup. Interesting read to say the least. Fer Fook's Sake has no way of verifying the stats & have posted them verbatim. Although many do carry a whiff of hearsay, it is nothing compared to the utter lies, propaganda & fooking bullshit that regularly masquerade as news & social commentary in the Malay press.
Can anyone out there disprove these stats/facts? Or better yet, can anyone explain the need fer such unbridled avarice & greed whilst completely marginalising 45% of the country's population?
Like I said, I cannot verify the authenticity of these claims but they do sound pretty fooking familiar. Personally, I know all of me grandparents passed away without ever getting their BLUE ICs, whilst me former Indonesian staff at me bar all got theirs within a few years of applying. We also know of the plight of the many straight 'A' students who were denied entry into med school here; so there's a healthy chance most of the list at least carry a modicum of truth.
ps: Fer Fook's Sake invites all of you to post a comment on the state of our beloved nation. TQ
This list cover a period of about 49 years since Independence Day in Malaysia (1957):
1) Out of all the 5 major banks in Malaysia,only one bank is multi-racially owned, the rest are controlled by Malays.)
2) 99% of Petronas (the only one petroleum company) directors are Malays,and the former Prime Minister works as a Consultant in Petronas.
3) 3% of Petronas employees are Chinese.
4) 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays.
5) 100% of all contractors working under Petronas projects must have"bumiputra" status (Malay).
6) 0% of non-Malay staff are legally required in Malay companies. But there must be 30% Malay staff in Chinese companies, and this includes shareholders. This mean non-Malay who owns the company need to give their property to the Malays and non-Malay citizens can't fully own their business.
7) 5% of all new intake for government police,nurse and army, is non-Malays.
8) 2% is the present Chinese staff in Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF), a plunging drop from 40% in 1960.
9) 2% is the percentage of non-Malay government servants in Putrajaya(Malaysia main government office), but Malays make up 98%.
10) 7% is the percentage of Chinese government servants in the government sector (in 2004), and has dropped from 30% in 1960. There are only 2position for non-Malays in political status.
11) 95% of government contracts are given to Malays; even if it is an open tender. Non-Malay contractors who; tender for lower prices and use better materials, can't get the contract.
12) 100% of all business licenses are controlled by Malay government e.g.Taxi permits, Approved permits, etc. and all the license are given to government officials' families.
13) 80% of the Chinese rice millers in Kedah(north of peninsular Malaysia)had to be sold to Malays and controlled by Bernas (Government Org.) since1980s. Otherwise, life is made difficult for Chinese rice millers.
14) 100 big companies; set up, owned and managed by Chinese Malaysians,were taken over by government and later managed by Malays since 1970's e.g.UTC, UMBC, MISC, etc. This company now is the sole company.
15) At least 10 Chinese owned bus companies(throughout Malaysia in a span of 40 years) had to be sold to MARA or other Malay transport companies due to rejection by the Malay authorities to Chinese application for bus routes as well as rejection for their application for new buses.
16) 2 Chinese taxi drivers were barred from driving in Johor (South of Peninsular Malaysia) Larkin bus station.There are about 30 taxi drivers and3 are Chinese in October 2004.Spoiling taxi club properties was the reason given.
17) 0 non-Malays are allowed to get shop lots in the new Muar (city in south peninsular Malaysia) bus station(November 2004).
18) 8000 billion ringgit is the total amount the government channeled to Malay pockets through ASB, ASN, MARA,privatization of government agencies like Tabung Haji etc, through NEP over a period of 34 years.
19) 48 Chinese primary schools closed down from 1968 to 2000.
20) 144 Tamil primary schools closed down since 1968 - 2000
21) 2637 Malay primary schools built since 1968- 2000
22) 2.5% is government budget for Chinese primary schools. Tamil schools got only 1%, Malay schools got 96.5%
23) While a Chinese parent with RM1000 salary(monthly) cannot get school textbook loan, a Malay parent with RM2000 salary is eligible.
24) All 10 public universities vice chancellors are Malays. And political parties in universities are held by Malays. If non-Malays want to form apolitical party, there is no way to get an approval.
25) 5% - the government universities lecturers of non-Malay origins had been reduced from 70% in 1965 to only 5% in 2004 with the reasoning by the Malaysian Education Ministry that they give full support for Malays only.
26) Over the last 40 years, only 5% of non-Malays receive government scholarship.
27) 0 Chinese or Indians were sent to Japan and Korea under "Look East Policy".
28) 128 STPM (A Level) Chinese top students could not get into the course they aspire i.e. medicine, in 2004.Whereas, Malays without proper qualification/results can get into the course.
29) 10% placing for non-bumiputra students for MARA science schools beginning 2003, but only 7% are filled. Before that it was 100% Malays.
30) 50 cases whereby Chinese and Indians are beaten up in the National Service program since 2003.
31) 25% is Malaysian Chinese population in 2004, dropping from 45% since1957 because the government is not supporting non-Malays like how they support Malays.
32) 7% is the present Malaysian Indian population (2004), a drop from 12%since 1957.
33) 2 million Chinese Malaysians had emigrated overseas for the past 40years due to unfair politics.
34) 0.5 million Indian Malaysian had emigrated overseas.
35) 3 million Indonesians had migrated into Malaysia and became Malaysian citizens with bumiputra status.
36) 600,000 are the total amount of Chinese and Indian Malaysians with"red I/C" (a temporary identity card) and were rejected repeatedly when applying for citizenship for over 40 years. Perhaps 60% of them had already passed away due to old age. This shows racism of how easily Indonesians got their citizenships compared to the Chinese and Indians.
37) 5% - 15% discount for a Malay to buy a house, regardless whether they are rich or poor.
38) 2% is what Chinese villages get compared to 98% of what Malay villages get for rural development budget.
39) At least 50 road names had been changed from Chinese names to other names.
40) Dewan Gan Boon Leong (in Malacca) was altered to another name(e.g.Dewan Serbaguna) when it was being officially used for a few days.Government tries to shun Chinese names. This happened in the year 2000.
41) 0 temples/churches were built for each housing estate, but every housing estate MUST have at least one mosque/surau built.
42) 3000 mosques/surau were built in all housing estates throughout Malaysia since 1970 with full government support. No temples, no churches are built in housing estates that are supported by government.
43) A Catholic Church in Shah Alam took 20 years to apply to be constructed, but they were told by Malay authorities that it must look like a factory and can't look like a church. Still not yet approve since 2004.
44) Publishing of the Bible in Iban language banned (in 2002).
45) 0 of the government TV stations (RTM1,RTM2, and TV3) have directors of non-Malay origin.
46) 30 government produced TV dramas and films always show the bad guys with Chinese face, and the good guys with Malay face. You can check it out,it has been happening since the 1970s. In recent years, this tendency becomes less.
47) 10 times, at least, Malays(especially Umno) had threatened to massacre the Chinese Malaysians using the May 13th riot in 1969.
48) 20 constituencies won by DAP would either not get funds from the government to develop or be the last ones to develop.
49) 100 constituencies (parliaments and states)had been race-delineated so Chinese voters were diluted and Chinese candidates;particularly DAP candidates, lose in elections. This has been happening since the 1970s.
50) Only 3 out of 12 human rights items are ratified by the Malaysian government since 1960
51) 0 elimination of all forms of racial discrimination (UN Human Rights)is not ratified by Malaysia government since 1960s.
52) 20 reported cases whereby Malay ambulance attendant treated a Chinese patient inhumanely, and Malay government hospital staff purposely delay attending to Chinese patients in 2003. Unreported cases may go up to over200
53) 50 cases each year whereby Chinese; especially Chinese youths, are beaten up by Malay youths in public places. We may check at police reports provided the police took the report, otherwise there will be no record.
54) 20 cases every year whereby Chinese drivers who accidentally knockdown Malays were seriously assaulted or killed by Malays.
55) 12% is what ASB/ASN (Malay owned banks) get per annum while banks fixed deposit is only about 3.5% per annum.